Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another Year Gone

My birthday has come and gone.
Another year wiser, I hope.
Family came two days in a row to help celebrate my birthday.
That's the best gift right there-- spending time with family.

My kids gave me hand made cards-- so precious!
I made cake Friday to share with my Aunt, her birthday was on the 7th.
It was german chocolate, her favorite.
The kids wanted to know why it was called "german" chocolate and we explained about different chocolates and locales and Germany. Andrew went on to tell them that they are part German, since Andrew and I both are part German.
Sylvia piped up, "And now since I'm eating [german chocolate] cake, I'm even more German!"
Too funny!
I made a second cake on Saturday, to share with my Father-in-Law. His birthday was on the 10th.
This time it was both of our favorites-- Pineapple Upside Down cake. yum!
I don't need much, as long as I have my loved ones, I'm happy.
Here's to another year!

2 comments:

Amandeep said...

Happy Birthday Jenny!
Your kids are really lucky and blessed to have you as their mom!
Wish you a happy and fulfilled life ahead... :)

jenny said...

Amandeep-- Thank you!! :o)