Saturday, September 27, 2008

::30 Days:: Day 6

Youngest impatiently waiting for breakfast to come out of the oven. The husband went to work this morning so I didn't feel like making a big meal. I made poor man's doughnuts out of those biscuits-in-a-can. Just pop it open, poke a hole in the center of each biscuit and stretch it out some, then dip in cinnamon and sugar and bake as usual. Yummy! Used to make these a lot when we were kids.


Today was one of those days, where I was non-stop breastfeeding the baby. I'd try to get him down but one of the girls would come by just as he starts to fall asleep and lay a big kiss on the top of his head and startle him awake. Or the girls would play a little too loud and a shriek would wake him up. Or one of them would jump on the couch and wake him up. Or they turn up the TV too loud and wake him up. Yeah, one of those days. Plus, it was raining, so I couldn't send them outside to play.


We did manage to get some apples into the dehydrator, though. Oldest helped peel them, dunked them into the lemon juice/water mixture and then dried them and put them onto the trays. They keep asking when the apple chips will be ready and they have a hard time understanding why they won't be ready until tomorrow. They'll see in the morning and we'll turn it into a home school lesson.

2 comments:

Karen Mayes said...

Wow, you are amazing, resourceful, etc!!

I do have a dehydrator, but I NEVER used it... I should start using it. My husband and I keep talking about buying a house, but haven't gotten around to it because of the finances. Lots of bills to pay off before we could be approved for a modest mortgage loan...hope so... I'd love to have a house with a big backyard where I can do the gardening.

Lantana said...

I too have a dehydrator. My kids gave it to me for my 50th birthday.

I like dried pears the best! So sweet, better than candy!

Lantana