Monday, March 30, 2009

The Yard Sale Gods Are Shining Upon Me!

I had very good luck at a yard sale this past weekend.
It was my first yard sale of the year and I really needed a fix.

I spotted this table in the corner, a yellow tablecloth on it and things piled high on it,
but the stripey green and white legs called out to me.
I lifted the tablecloth and I knew this was going to come home with me--
as long as the price was right.

It changes from a square table to a round one.
In fine shape but eventually I will have to re-do the top,
by way of removing several layers of paint and then repainting it.
The legs are in perfect shape.

I asked the lady, "How much?"
She looked at the stuff on it, made a face and then said, "10 dollars?"
"I'll take it! Add the tablecloth, too?"

I hung the tablecloth on the line when we got home, then it rained shortly after and all those stains you see on there? Gone! I'll wash it and see how clean it gets, but it's a lovely tablecloth, don't you think?

5 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Awesome find! And I love the tablecloth--daisies are my favorite flower.

Karen Mayes said...

Ahh... garage sales are upon us now...

I am looking for bikes for my kids, so off to garage sales...

lady macleod said...

OH the joy of a good deal! I hear you. Well done.

Very Mary said...

I'm not jealous. Much.

DJ Kirkby said...

I.Want.This.Table! oooh Jenny, I am so jealous. xo