Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fall Fun

What is it about piles of leaves that kids find so irresistible?

Flinging leaves in the air and burrowing underneath?

I like walking on leaves, feeling the crunch-crunch and I love the smell of leaves.
Oh! Those lovely smells of Fall-- leaves and fireplaces!


But I never cared for rolling around in the leaves. If I did, it was at the encouragement of others and it was forced enthusiasm. I hated the little bits of leaves getting into my clothes and hair, and who knows what kind of bugs are lurking around in there.


And our leaves? With cats, dogs and chickens?
Oh, it's bath night for sure after this!!


But they're happy, and that's what matters.
:o)
-

1 comment:

Karen Mayes said...

I wish this blog has "Like" button so that I could click on it!

I like it.