Monday, December 31, 2007

Good-bye 2007

Today is the last day of 2007 and I'm not sad to see it go. I am looking forward to a new and fresh year. 2007 was a tough year, one of learning to cope with a husband that has no job and trying to make ends meet. 2007 was also a year of blessings, a new nephew to welcome into the family, a new baby in my belly, and lots of 'firsts' with my children: first lost tooth, first day without training pants, first sentence spoken...

I always made resolutions for the new year when I was growing up and one by one, I always broke them. Then I learned not to make such impossible resolutions like a genuine size 12 teen wanting to fit into size 6, or wishing to be someone that I'm not. I've learned that I needed to start small, with realistic goals and then I started accomplishing things. My most proudest resolution that I kept and succeeded at, was one I made in 2001: Quit smoking. Hubby and I decided it was time to start a family and we both wanted to be the healthiest we could be as parents, so we both quit "cold turkey" on January 1, 2001 and we have never picked up a cigarette since then. 9 months later, I found I was pregnant with Oldest and the rest is history.

I try not to make dieting a resolution.. I don't think dieting is something you should do at the beginning of the year, but something you should maintain all of the year. Granted I'm no skinny minnie and I know I never will be skinny. I don't want to be skinny. I want to be healthy and I believe that if you are going to eat, eat good! I will not deprive myself of eating dessert as long as I balance it out with a salad or something healthy. I will have a soda now and then, but that won't be the only thing I drink all day long. I am blessed with a husband that happens to enjoy all my curves and tells me so almost daily. Our children eat most of what we put on their plates and they eat fruits and vegetables so I think we are doing a good job in the healthy eating dept.

Here's to a new year, with new beginnings and a brighter future. See you next year!

6 comments:

Sparx said...

Happy New Year Jenny! I hope it's a wonderful one - I'm sure it will be with a new baby. Loads and loads of love to you all x

LaRonda said...

Jenny,

You have been a wonderful part of my days over the past year. I wish you and your family the best in the new year ahead.

Hugs.

~ LaRonda

Unknown said...

With anew baby you may be interested in my new book, "The ABC's of Fruits & Vegetables and Beyond". Educators, parents (and grandparents for that matter) will be very interested in the book, as it helps mold kid's attitudes toward these important foods from the day they start learning the alphabet. Out only six months, it has already been bought in bulk by a number of educational organizations and recommended by leading nutritionists. From best selling food writer David Goldbeck and kid’s entertainer Steve Charney. More at HealthyHighways.com

Elsie Button said...

Happy New Year and big big congrats on your pregnany news!!!! so so exciting! what an amazing year it's going to be! x

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Happy New Year, Jenny. It's going to be a great year for you. I know it.

jenny said...

A Happy New Year to you all! I hope you ALL have a wonderful 2008 filled with lots of love, happiness and joy. But as with all things, we need to take the bad with the good, we just need to remember to look to the bright side of things and know that there is sunshine at the end of the dark tunnel. Love to all my blog-friends!! xoxo