Monday, June 30, 2008

Life Goes On

I'm still here and the baby is still in the belly. -sigh- We had a false alarm Saturday night, when I had some contractions that were less than 5 minutes apart and I was feeling quite sure it was time to have the baby. I woke up my mom and told her we were heading to the hospital and she went to sleep in our bed, so the girls don't wake up and see an empty Mommy/Daddy bed. We got to the hospital at 2 in the morning and upon arriving, went to a little examination room to see how far along I was. I was so surprised when the nurse told me I was STILL at 3 cm. I started to efface a little, but I didn't dilate any more since Thursday. Dang it!

They wanted to keep me in for observation a little bit, to see if the contractions intensified and if I dilated any more, and after 45 minutes of being hooked up to the monitors, the contractions petered out and I decided that we might as well go back home. It was 4:15 by now and I hadn't had any sleep yet. They let us go with a list of when to come back if this or that happened.

We got home a little after 5 am. I've done lots of walking since and my Aunt and Uncle are here with us to watch the kids if we have to run to the hospital, but so far, everything is calm. Baby still moves around and I am flushing away part of the mucus plug every time I go to the bathroom, so I know it'll be soon. My mom can't wait around any longer, she has to go back to work, so Hubby took her back today. In the meantime, I still have Aunt and Uncle here, but I'm not doing any walking until he gets back. Life goes on.

Charlie the cat needs to give up his membership card to the meat-eaters club. I was peeling corn for dinner one night and this corn got attacked by Charlie who happily gnawed away on it!

Even picking it up didn't stop him and he just sat up and kept eating. We left the corn on the chair for him and by the time we came out after dinner to see, most of the kernels were all gone.
Silly cat!

5 comments:

Mr Farty said...

Fingers crossed you don't have too long to wait.

btw I thought everybody knew Kittehs ♥ corn?

Sparx said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! Crossing fingers that everything starts soon and goes easily! Can't wait to meet the new addition - am thinking about you loads. Good luck!

Wendy said...

Be calm.

Paint something ;).

That baby will come when he/she is good and ready. I went to the hospital too soon with my first and ended having some procedures that weren't necessary (in retrospect) - not that that will happen to you, because if it was gonna, it would have already - just as a reminder to enjoy yourself, because, being pregnant is amazing! Just remember, if you think you're tired NOW ... I still haven't caught up on my sleep from my last ... and she's five! :)

Sleep well, drink lots of fluids, and RELAX!

Barbara said...

Hi there - I was just wondering if there would be a post today! Hope all is going well with you this week. Happy 4th July.

DJ Kirkby said...

Very silly cat! Very special baby! All the best babies take their time coming out, they have extra brain cells to perfect, extra peaceful plans to dream up. When he is perfectly perfect, he'll be out to say hello.