Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

When I was pregnant with Oldest, my sex drive was as revved up as it ever was. Hubby and I had no problems in the bedroom and we got it on quite frequently. When we found out that having sex while pregnant was good for getting labor started, we were happy to up the frequency. Oldest was still 2 weeks late and I ended up having to be induced.

Being pregnant with Middle and Youngest proved no different. My sex drive was still revved, although by the time I was pregnant with Youngest, I was a little more tired from my usual "mommy duties" but still getting it on at least 4 or 5 times a week.

This time, poor Hubby (and me!), my sex drive is ZILCH! ZERO. NADA. I find my husband to be just as handsome as the day I married him, I will fantasize about him and the other day in the car we were having the most delicious kisses in the parking lot. I love holding his hand and rubbing his bald head-- the big one, not the little man! But when it comes to bedroom play? I don't want anything to do with the little man! Oh pardon me, I mean, BIG MAN.

The husband will do all of his tried and true tricks on me, that normally would drive me wild and will end with the both of us panting and sweaty. But nothing happens. I can barely tolerate his touch on my naked skin and it's all I can do not to slap his hands away. Our poor sex life has dwindled to nearly nothing and my saint of a husband has been absolutely great and patient about it. He doesn't force me to do something I don't want to do or beg and plead like a 16 year old boy with raging hormones. I can't explain it, but I simply have no desire for sex.

Hubby came up with a theory. He wonders if because I am pregnant with a boy, that my sex drive went to him. Hmm... I think he might have something there. Have any of you other mothers that have been pregnant with both a girl and a boy noticed a difference in your sex drive? Or even if you only had a boy but had regular bed shaking before getting pregnant, noticed a drop in the night-time fun?

I realize this may be a topic some of you are shy to talk about. But I've always been sort of bold about stuff like this, and I really would love to hear from you. Inquiring minds want to know! Please share your experiences with me, who am I gonna tell? :o)

7 comments:

barefoot gardener said...

Sorry, I have had nothing but girls so I can't help with that one. I did notice that with both of my pregnancies my sex drive was revved to the max, if that helps.

I sympathise with both of you, though. I have been on both ends of that situation (wanting it like crazy when your partner doesn't wanna get it on and totally not interested when partner has the itch) and I know it is not fun for anyone involved.

Hopefully after the little one is born and you have had some time to heal up and rest everything will go back to normal.

Karen Putz said...

I was in the same situation as you with my third kiddo. He was a boy, but I had a boy and girl previously and wasn't affected.

For me, I think it was more because I was tired chasing two little ones and carrying a lot of water with the third pregnancy.

Patty Keen said...

I was not blessed with pregnancy however with your blog and many others' as well, I can thoroughly enjoy "e-pregnancy". Heh heh!

I just love your candid posts about pregnancy and its' experiences. I'm also fortunate that my two sisters share their pregnancies with me as well.

I pray you have a quick and painless labour.

Tactile smile,
Patty

DJ Kirkby said...

My sex drive was less than zero while I was pregnant with my boy and while breast feeding! Don't worry you'll make up for it afterwards, won't you?!

Mr Farty said...

I've never been preggers, so I really couldn't say ;)

Sparx said...

... don't think I felt any different about it when I had the spud... someone told me once they had a higher drive with their second pregnancy (a boy) than with their first (a girl) so... er... I'm no help, am I?!

jenny said...

Barefoot-- Hmm.. I HOPE everything returns to normal after the baby gets here, though I know I'll be tired. Wait and see... Thanks for sharing!

Karen-- Thanks for sharing. Looks like it is just an idea and not one that applies to every one.

Patty-- Aww, you're a sweetie! Thanks for the well wishes. I am hoping for a short labor as well, though I know it won't be a painless one. Any day now!!

Dj-- That's the plan-- to make up for it afterwards!! :o) At least I hope so..

Mr. Farty-- hah! Thanks for the laugh!

Sparx-- hmm, not at all! :o) That's ok, I'll just take it as a sign to take it easy and store up my energy for afterwards!