After getting back home, the Baby decided to take a nap for me, so I jumped on the sewing machine. I had gotten this fabric some time ago, intending to make a bib and burpcloth set for the Baby and make extra to sell.
In assembly line fashion, I cut out all the pieces, then pinned, then sewed, then turned them inside out. All that's left to do is sew around the edges and add the snaps, then I'm done. I've made about 50 of these over the past two years and some I give as gifts, but I mostly sell them to supplement our income.
My sewing machine needle broke and I was able to find a replacement in this sewing box I picked up at a yard sale. I always keep an eye out for old sewing boxes that have stuff in them. Never know what you'll find in them and they usually go for cheap. I picked up this big one for five bucks and lucky for me, there were plenty of sewing machine needles still in their mint, unopened packaging.
Tomorrow, Hubby has the day off so we will spend it splitting wood on our new (to us) log splitter. I'll take pictures to show how it works (just for you DJ!).