Friday, February 15, 2013

Post-Valentine

We don't make a big deal of Valentine's Day around here.  I'm not a flowers kind of girl, which I made clear to Andrew way back when we first started dating. My favorite flower is a Daisy, but I'd much rather see them growing in a field rather than cut into a bouquet where they'll die within the week.
I guess we're just simple folk and we make cards for each other and perhaps a nice, special dinner.

The kids spent a couple of days making cards with construction paper and markers and they came up with some really thoughtful cards.  I really enjoy seeing their thought processes now and they tried to come up with cards that had meaning to the person the card was for.

 Knowing they put their hearts into making cards for everyone, I decided to make Valentine's Day a little bit more special for them and made these woven heart paper baskets. I remember making these at school when I was little, 6 years old, and I amazed myself when I still remembered how to make them! 

I whipped up some homemade chocolate nonpareils candy and added in some play tattoos and a mini-Lego figure for each of the kids inside the basket. 

We went into town yesterday for errands and ate at the all-you-can-eat pizza buffet and it was a pretty nice day. Simple and sweet, and I can't ask for anything better!


No comments: