Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall Color Week:: Monday

Sorry for not posting regularly these days. It's been busy around here and I haven't been able to squeeze in blogging time. I do, however, read your blogs, though I might not leave a comment. Over at Elsie Marley, she is doing a crayola fall colors picture week that I thought might be fun to participate in.

Here's my Monday entry for Brick Red:

With yet another trip to the local orchard on Friday for more apples (3 more bushels! that makes 6 so far!), I've always been fascinated with old barns and this one is no exception. I love how it seems like they've given up on painting, maybe they ran out of steam or perhaps the paint. Or maybe they've meant to finish but something else keeps popping up that takes priority. (I know how that feels) They have an orchard to run, so I imagine keeping hundreds, possibly thousands, of trees in good condition is a lot of work. Between pruning and fertilizing and picking and packing and hawking their wares at the farmer's markets and dealing with customers who stop by for pick-your-own, I'm sure they have plenty to do and very little down time.

Feel free to play along... Pop on over to Elsie Marley and leave a comment saying you want to join in.

Monday: Brick Red
Tuesday: Burnt Sienna (reddy orange)
Wednesday: Goldenrod (deep yellow)
Thursday: Chestnut (warm dark brown)
Friday: Plum

4 comments:

Carol said...

I love this idea and am going to take part too :-) (I've already left a message at Elsie's)

Your barn is brill :-)

C x

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

I love barns like that! Even when it's hot as heck outside you can know it'll be cool in there. Good luck with the canning! :)

M and E said...

I love old barns! Great photo.

Teeeeeena said...

Hey, I'm in but not with Elsie. It's more for me. Mine, an old dictionary I've had since high school on top of my red washable rug with a red frame that I just painted. xoxo