Sunday, January 1, 2012

Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake

Still have leftover eggnog in the fridge?
Here's a yummy recipe to help use it up:
Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake


It's a really moist, yummy cake, and what cake doesn't look good when you cook it in a Bundt pan?
You could sprinkle some powdered sugar on this, or make a light glaze if you want, but this tastes good as is.
My kids love this and so do I!

Don't you just love my covered cake stand?
I love pulling this out and using it, it makes the cake extra special!

The recipe uses a spice cake mix.  I've made this twice now and I'm curious how this would taste with a regular cake mix-- if it would taste more eggnoggy and add in a bit of nutmeg as well. I still have plenty of eggnog left and family is coming over in a few days. I may use them as guinea pigs and have them try it out for me!

Here ya go!

Eggnog Spice Bundt Cake

1- box spice cake mix
1- box instant vanilla pudding mix
1 C vanilla yogurt
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 C eggnog
3 eggs
1 1/3 C toasted, chopped pecans (I omitted the nuts in mine)
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350*. Coat Bundt pan with grease and flour (those baking sprays make this a cinch!).

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and mix until creamy. Stir in pecans.  Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (the first time I made this, it came out undercooked, the next time, I ended up cooking it for almost an hour and it came out perfect, so keep an eye on this and use that toothpick!)

When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Serve and enjoy!


No comments: