Friday, November 6, 2009

Ba-Ba-Ba!

I like watching Glee on hulu.com. It's a musical comedy show and I've always had a thing for musicals, never mind that I can't hear!

Anyway, on one of their recent episodes, one of the characters sang a shortened version of Neil Diamonds' 'Sweet Caroline'. I remember that song from when I was a kid and since watching that episode last week, I have Sweet Caroline stuck on the broken record player I have in my head, only I can't remember the words, so it's "Sweet Caroline, ba-ba-ba, dah dah dah da da da dah, sweet caroline, ba-ba-ba..." over and over.

I was humming it while making breakfast this morning and Hubby interjected his version of the song, saying I wasn't singing it right and it went "ba-da-da" (or something like that) and we got into this whole debate over who was singing it right. Let's see, deaf girl versus die-hard music lover hearing man? Guess who was right?

I played the clip from Glee because it was captioned and after it was done, Hubby told me to youtube it, so I did and guess what? I was still right! Hah!

We were laughing about it, so it wasn't a fight or anything, just one of those laughing-can't-believe-we're-arguing-about-this kind of debate. Still, though, it felt good to be right. Then, Mom and I were talking about how Neil Diamond was jewish and all, and the Hubby interupted with, "wait, what? He's jewish?" Ah-hahahahaha!! TWO deaf ladies know more about a singer than he did!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my husband. It's SO much fun being married to him and I love that we can laugh over stuff like this. That I can hum and sing a song, even though I know I'm not in tune and probably not singing the right words half the time, and you know what? Hubby will sing right along with me! Wrong words and all!

Now, go youtube it and sing Sweet Caroline! :o)

2 comments:

LaRonda said...

Hi Jenny. I've missed your wit and down to earth humor. Fun post. I remember that song from my "hearing" days, but having been deaf now for 28 years, I often get songs stuck in my head with missing lyrics too. Drives me nuts. I'm such a Neil Diamond fan. I find myself humming his songs often.

Nice to see you writing again. I gotta get back out there too. Been a while.

Hugs.

~ LaRonda

Gringa-n-Mexico said...

HHHHAAAAAAA LOL Jenny! It's TOO cool and goofy that you knew more than he! :P And your Husband sounds so sweet and wonderful 1. 2. 3. "AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW" :P So nice to see :)